If providing care and helping to improve the lives of others is your passion, consider a career as a registered practical nurse (RPN). Cambrian's program, which is accredited by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), offers you hands-on experience, smaller class sizes, and unique placement opportunities. You'll practice clinical skills in our high-tech nursing lab, and advance your skills by working alongside healthcare professionals in the community.
Graduates can apply to write the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) certification exam and are eligible to apply for registration as a Registered Practical Nurse in Ontario.
What's in it for you?
- Registered practical nurse in hospitals, community agencies and long-term care facilities
Across these career outcomes, salaries in Canada range from:
$23,000 to $48,000
- Cambrian's program is currently approved (Category 1) by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.