If providing care and helping to improve the lives of others is your passion, consider a career as a registered practical nurse (RPN). Cambrian's program, which is accredited by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), offers you hands-on experience, smaller class sizes, and unique placement opportunities. You'll practice clinical skills in our high-tech nursing lab, help patients in Cambrian's fully operational medical clinic, and advance your skills by working alongside healthcare professionals in the community.
Graduates can apply to write the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) certification exam and are eligible to apply for registration as a Registered Practical Nurse in Ontario.
What's in it for you?
- Registered practical nurse in hospitals, community agencies and long-term care facilities
Across these career outcomes, salaries in Canada range from:
$23,000 to $48,000
- Cambrian's program is currently approved (Category 1) by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
You’ll be accessing industry-standard software as part of your program. Your program coordinator and IT will set you up with access on your computer or within our campus labs. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.