An aging population, shorter hospital stays, and increased costs for long-term care are creating an increased demand for personal support worker jobs. Cambrian’s tailored personal support worker courses will prepare you to work as a PSW in just 8 months through three clinical practicums and hands-on training in the college's state-of-the-art simulation and nursing labs.
With your PSW job, you will be prepared to assist clients with activities of daily living and contribute to the quality of life of individuals who live in a facility or community setting by promoting their independence, dignity, social, emotional and physical well-being, mobility, personal appearance, comfort, and safety.
What's in it for you?
- Personal support worker in community settings, long-term care facilities and hospital settings.
- Graduates who maintain a 3.00 GPA may be eligible to bridge directly to the second semester of the Practical Nursing Program provided there is capacity.
Across these career outcomes, salaries in Canada range from:
$19,200 to $54,700
Train in our 1,200 square foot simulation lab, as well as our nursing lab, and be job ready in just eight months!
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
You’ll be accessing industry-standard software as part of your program. Your program coordinator and IT will set you up with access on your computer or within our campus labs. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.