Personal Support Worker
Are you a Canadian student? Take our accelerated PSW program in July 2022, and your tuition and supply costs will be covered plus you’ll be paid during your placement!
An aging population, shorter hospital stays, and a shortage of trained PSWs makes this an in-demand healthcare role. Cambrian’s accelerated personal support worker courses will prepare you to work as a PSW in just 24 weeks. In the first semester, you will learn the skills to assist clients with activities of daily living and contribute to the quality of life of individuals who live in a facility or community setting. You will spend your second semester working in a healthcare setting with experienced PSWs and a faculty member who will help you to put your skills into practice to become a confident, caring, and job-ready PSW.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Personal support worker in community settings, long-term care facilities and hospital settings.
Across these career outcomes, salaries in Canada range from:
$19,200 to $54,700
- 24 weeks for eligible students, a full 2 semesters offered for international applicants
- Clinical placement
- Hands-on training in the 1,200-square-foot PSW simulation lab, as well as the nursing lab
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
You’ll be accessing industry-standard software as part of your program. Your program coordinator and IT will set you up with access on your computer or within our campus labs. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.