Cambrian College offers hundreds of part-time courses and over 30 programs to help you upgrade your skills, ignite your passion for personal growth, and reach your educational goals.
Courses and programs are offered online and start throughout the year, to be as flexible as possible and to support your busy lifestyle. Reach your goals by taking one or more courses, or complete a certificate program at your own speed.
Not sure what course to take? View all of our course offerings in the Cambrian eStore.
View our programs
If you’re interested in part-time certificates through online learning please visit our certificate programs section to explore over 30 programs ranging from Digital Communication to Leadership Development to Personal Care Assistant and more!
Personal Support Worker (PSW) to Practical Nursing
Are you a PSW who is ready to add nursing credentials to your résumé? Take advantage of this pathway program to build on your health care career.
Upon successful completion of 6 online pathway courses, you’ll be eligible for advanced entry into semester two of Cambrian’s Practical Nursing program!
Once you enter the Practical Nursing diploma program, you’ll practice clinical skills in our high-tech nursing lab and advance your skills by working alongside health care professionals in the community. As a graduate, you can apply to write the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) certification exam and are eligible to apply for registration as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) in Ontario.
Before you start your diploma, you’ll have to complete these six courses:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Nursing Theory Bridge
- Nursing Professionalism
- Math for Practical Nurses
- Health Assessment
- Transition to Practical Nursing
Courses are offered fully online through OntarioLearn throughout the year. For more information on how to register email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following requirements:
- You must be a Canadian citizen or have Canadian Permanent Resident status. Please provide proof of permanent resident or refugee status if you are not a Canadian citizen.
- You must have graduated with a 65 percent cumulative average from a PSW program in Ontario. Please provide a copy of your transcripts.
- You must have worked as a PSW in Ontario within the past five years on at least a part-time or casual basis. Please provide a letter confirming your employment from the employer.