Are you a storyteller? Do you have a passion for communicating and exploring how to effectively communicate across a variety of platforms including blogs, YouTube, podcasts, and social media? Through courses in photography, web design, videography, and strategic writing, you’ll be equipped with the skills and knowledge to be an effective communicator and take your storytelling to the next level, whether you wish to work for yourself or for an organization of any size.
The Media Communications diploma program is designed to meet industry demands within multi-faceted areas of the communications industry. You’ll graduate with a diverse range of marketable skills in photography, graphic design, web design, writing, social media, and videography.
Graduates of this program have the option to continue their studies in Cambrian’s one-year Public Relations Graduate Certificate program to earn an additional credential.
What's in it for you?
- Advertising consultant
- Communications officer or specialist
- Media coordinator
- Public relations officer
- Social media influencer
This Cambrian program is one of only two diploma options in Media Communications to be offered in the province and can be taken completely online.
Plan your future
- Flex learning
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 7(SP1), 8, 8.1 or 10, (OS 10 preferred) OR
- Mac operating system: Apple MacBook Pro 13- or 15-inch with at least 256 GB of storage (2015 or newer) or a 2018 MacBook Air
- Processor: 64-bit Intel i5 minimum or AMD equivalent (Intel i7 preferred)
- RAM: 8 Gb minimum (16 Gb preferred)
- Storage space: 100 Gb free with min 10 Gb for software installs
- Software: Adobe Creative Cloud
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.