Gain the in-depth skills to manage and solve the computer networking and security needs of all sizes and types of organizations. You will learn how to install, manage, and troubleshoot networks, information systems, and inter-networks, preparing you for computer technician careers.
What's in it for you?
- Network technician
- Network administrator
- Helpdesk support
- End-user support
Graduates can enter directly into the third year of Cambrian's Computer Systems Technology program.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Operating System: Windows 10 Education or Professional (will be provided)
- Processor: 64-bit current generation Intel i5 or i7 (preferred) or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 16 GB (32 GB preferred)
- Storage: 100 GB free with min 10 GB for software installs
- Software: Packet Tracer 7.3, Tera Term, Putty, Kiwi Syslog Server, Open Source software (as required), Microsoft Software (distributed through AzureForEducation), MS Office, MS Project
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.