Cambrian’s blend of in-class assignments, scenario training, fitness components, and community work complement topics covered by the Ontario Police College and assist in preparing you for potential employment with a police service.
Extensive involvement in community initiatives, training with the Ontario Provincial Police, and participation in crime prevention projects with the Greater Sudbury Police Service gives you opportunities to network and volunteer within the community alongside working professionals. Further interaction with currently serving officers is provided as all local police agencies are represented within the program's part-time faculty.
Also, your theoretical knowledge will continually be put into practice in the program's scenario room where you are required to perform practical demonstrations, and various physical fitness courses and testing procedures that simulate industry testing are offered each semester, providing opportunities to practice meeting the requirements for applicant testing.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Police officer in municipal, provincial and federal police services
- Youth worker
- Private investigator
- Insurance investigator
- Military police
- Customs and excise officer
Cambrian College Community Justice Association (CCCJA) – Join this volunteer, student-run organization and get hands-on experience working for various community and organizations while making valuable industry connections.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
You’ll be accessing industry-standard software as part of your program. Your program coordinator and IT will set you up with access on your computer or within our campus labs. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.