Become a behind-the-scenes member of a health care team. Cambrian's program will prepare you with the medical detective skills to analyze and interpret scientific data to detect health issues and recommend courses of treatment for patients. As a certified medical laboratory technologist, you'll find a wide range of career opportunities in hospital and private labs, consulting, sales, and more.
A combination of classroom learning, laboratory exercises, and clinical placements prepare you for entry-level medical laboratory technology practice in each of the following five disciplines:
- Clinical hematology: blood and blood disorders including coagulopathies
- Transfusion science medicine: preparation and transfusion of blood and blood products
- Clinical chemistry: determination of the presence, absence, or quantity of chemical substances in body fluids
- Clinical microbiology: detection of bacteria, fungi, viruses, and other pathogens
- Clinical histotechnology: gross dissection and preparation of body fluids and tissues for microscopy
What's in it for you?
- Medical laboratory technologist in hospitals, medical clinics, and private industry
Across these career outcomes, salaries in Canada range from:
$45,600 to $70,700
- Cambrian’s medical laboratory technology program is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
Graduates are eligible to write the national certification examination conducted by the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS)
Plan your future
Next Session start
Available delivery options
Graduate in 2021*
*Minimum Full time length is 3 years