Human resources professionals know all too well that a company is only as good as the people it employs. Earn your certificate in Human Resources, and you’ll have the skills and experience to become a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) by exploring recruiting opportunities, challenges, and strategies; organizational management; labour relations, and more.
The curriculum in Human Resources Management is designed to boost your existing qualifications and to support you if you intend to pursue your Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation. The nine core courses required to access the National Knowledge Exam (NKE) are approved by the Ontario Human Resources Professionals Association. Additional courses include mediation, practitioner seminars, and an eight-week placement in a professional human resources environment. Information on the Human Resources Professionals Association and the CHRP designation is available by visiting hrpa.ca .
The Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA) regulates the human resources profession in Ontario and issues the Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation. Completion of HRPA's certification process confers the right to use the title Certified Human Resources Professional and the right to use the initials C.H.R.P. or CHRP after one's name (excerpt from HRPA's website). It is the responsibility of the graduate to pursue certification.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Staff trainer
- Human resource coordinator
- Compensation analyst
- Employee relations officer
- Health and safety coordinator
- Payroll administrator
Across these career outcomes, salaries in Canada range from:
$28,500 to $60,000
- Ontario Human Resources Professionals Association
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation
Semester three will be an eight-week, unpaid work placement.
Plan your future
- Flex learning
- Graduate opportunity
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Chromebook or higher with Intel Celeron N3060 – N3150 OR
- PC with operating system Windows 10 (preferred), with 64-bit Intel or AMD multicore processor, Intel i5 or AMD equivalent
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 400
- RAM: 4 GB (minimum for Chromebook), 8 GB or 16 GB (for PC with Windows 10)
- Storage: 16 GB – 32 GB SSD (for Chromebook), 100 GB free with 10 GB minimum for software installs
- Screen size: 11.6-inch, HD (1,366 x 768)
- Software: MS Office 2016, including Excel, MS Project (VDI), Sage50 (VDI)
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.