Gain the skills to use population data to understand the health of your community and to proactively plan for future health care needs in the only college program of its kind in Ontario.
You’ll also gain a solid understanding of programming, statistics, and data management within the context of the emerging field of health analytics. These skills will be tested and applied through critical thinking and problem-solving exercises, field experiences, and industry speakers throughout the course so that you’ll be equipped to support evidence-based decision making in a variety of health-related organizations.
You have the flexibility to study in-class or online so you can continue to work and earn while you learn.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Health information specialist
- Data analyst
- Project analyst
- Clinical data analyst
A hands-on capstone research project in Semester 3 will let you apply what you’ve learned in the program and further develop your data problem-solving skills.
Plan your future
- Flex learning
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 10 Educational or Professional
- Processor: 64-bit current generation Intel i5 (i7 preferred) or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB (16 GB preferred)
- Storage space: 100 GB free with minimum 10GB available for software installs
- Software: Microsoft Office (provided by the College), PowerBI Desktop, MySQL workbench, R Studio, additional software will be provided
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.