Cambrian’s award-winning Graphic Design faculty will challenge you through course work and diverse projects to help you develop your creative talents and become an excellent visual communicator.
Using current industry software in the College's graphic design labs, you will learn how to creatively manipulate space, type, images, and colour to take your work from concept sketch to a strategically-designed printed, web-based, or electronic form. Projects provide you with practical experience in advertising campaigns, corporate branding, font design, website design, and much more.
You’ll also graduate with a professional-grade portfolio that will be invaluable as you meet with potential employers and/or freelance clients.
Check out the 2019 graduate exhibition, Pixel Pushers, to see what you’ll get up to as a student in Cambrian’s Graphic Design program.
What's in it for you?
- Graphic designer for: Design studios, advertising agencies, and web and new media developers.
- Graphic designer for: Architectural firms, educational institutions, government agencies, and publishing companies.
- Graphic designer for: Newspaper and magazine publishers.
Students are automatically registered as members of the Registered Graphic Designers of Ontario (RGD Ontario) and can participate in professional seminars, studio tours, and events organized by the association’s Sudbury chapter.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal Computer
- Mac operating system
- Apple MacBook Pro 13- or 15-inch with at least 256 GB of storage (2015 or newer) preferred
- Processor: Intel Core i5 (from approx. 2015 or later)
- RAM: 8 GB of memory
- Storage space: Solid state drive (SSD) 256 GB or larger
- Display: Retina display (13-inch or larger)
- External hard drive: SSD 256GB (minimum)
- DSLR camera: External flash, 18-55 mm lens, 70-200 mm lens, SDHC flash memory storage
- Software: Adobe Creative Cloud
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.