Led by expert faculty and advised by industry partners, you will learn how to design and develop commercial-quality game applications for a broad range of industries such as entertainment, health, education, construction, marketing, and mining. Using industry standard software, you’ll explore all creative aspects of game design including game design theory, creation, application, and production. You’ll learn to go from concept to market-ready video games, augmented reality worlds, and virtual reality scenarios for both consumer enjoyment and commercial training purposes.
Upon graduation, you will have a portfolio of creative work in 2D and 3D illustrating your skills in game design in your chosen area of specialization.
No portfolio is required to gain admission.
What's in it for you?
- Game marketer
- Software developer
- Software engineer
- Project manager
- Creative director for software development
- Video game developer
In your final semester, you’ll complete an intensive capstone project to produce a new and exciting game concept using industry best practices in seminar and studio environments.
Plan your future
Minimum Technology Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 10 or macOS 10.14 (or higher) with Parallels software
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5 processor or equivalent
- Minimum 8 GB memory
- Webcam functionality
- Audio capability (speakers and a quality headset/microphone)
- High performance discrete graphics card with a minimum of 2 GB of memory
- 500 GB HD or greater (SSD highly recommended)
- Wireless network adapter supporting IEEE 802.11g/n/ac
- 15" screen or greater (recommended resolution 1920x1080)
- 2 full size USB ports (USB 3.0 or better recommended)
- A multi-year (3- or 4-year) warranty
- Virus protection software required
- Optional: 10/100/1000 Ethernet RJ45 connection or a USB to Ethernet adapter
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.