Take that first step toward a career in business! This program is a common year for all business students, and when you graduate, you will be eligible for direct entry into the second year of the following diploma programs at Cambrian: Business, Business – Accounting, Business Administration, and Business Administration-Accounting.
With the flexibility to take business courses on-campus or to study business online, you’ll explore traditional business careers by gaining a solid introductory foundation in accounting, finance, human resources, and marketing. Use your skills and knowledge in your current career or use them to pursue your passions.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Customer service
- Service industries
- Financial institutions
Successful graduates can enter directly into the second year of Cambrian's diploma and advanced diploma Business programs. This program is also offered in Espanola, Kenora, and Fort Frances.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- PC with operating system Windows 10 OR 11(preferred), with 64-bit Intel OR AMD multicore processor, Intel i5 OR AMD equivalent at minimum
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 400
- RAM: 8 GB OR 16 GB (preferred)
- Storage: 16 GB – 32 GB SSD, 100 GB free with 10 GB minimum for software installs
Some software for Apple computers may not have all of the features required to complete course work and therefore are not recommended.
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.