With the ever-increasing focus on employee safety, industries of all types and sizes are seeking specially-trained workers to support and promote healthier workplaces. The Workplace Safety and Prevention Technician program is a one-of-a-kind program designed to give you an understanding of current occupational health and safety legislation and the skills to identify, assess, and manage risk in a variety of work environments. You will also be trained in areas of workplace wellness and human resource management and develop the skills to identify and report on safety and health conditions in a workplace. As a graduate, you will be able to conduct risk assessments and common hygiene tests to prevent hazards and harm to workers, property, the environment, and the public.
What's in it for you?
- Health and Safety Technician
- Safety Specialist
- Occupational Health and Safety Officer
- Health and Safety Team Leader
- Graduates from the Technician diploma meet the academic requirements set out by the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP) and are qualified to write the Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST) examination to earn the CRST designation. Upon completion of additional relevant occupational health and safety experience, graduates are able to apply for the Board of Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) certification.
- Upon completion of the Workplace Safety and Prevention Technician diploma, graduates may gain advanced standing in university degree programs.
Plan your future
- Flex learning