The mining industry is dynamic and ever-changing, and Cambrian's Mining Engineering Technician program challenges you to explore why and how things work and to find innovative solutions to problems.
As you learn and live in one of the mining centres of the world, you will prepare to become part of mining engineering teams responsible for a wide range of projects involving surveying, drafting, design, environmental studies, industrial geological and geophysical fieldwork, ventilation, ground control, and supervision.
Industry-experienced faculty members will guide your progress and understanding through examples gained from industry experience, field trips in the renowned Sudbury basin, and hands-on demonstrations. You will benefit from a variety of experiential learning opportunities, including activities at an active mine site, to gain a broad understanding of the various aspects of mining engineering as well as communication and leadership skills.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Cambrian's Mining Engineering Technology program is accredited by Technology Accreditation Canada (TAC)
Our graduates are recognized by The Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT), which will give you access to career development opportunities and a national network of engineering professionals.
Plan your future
- Co-op education
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Processor: i7 Intel i7 or equivalent processor
- Graphics: High-end graphics video card (consider a dedicated video card with 1 GB of video memory)
- RAM: 8 GB of RAM
- Storage: 500 GB HD
- Software: Microsoft Office Suite (include Excel)
Please note, industry-standard software that you will access as part of your program will not be compatible with every device. These minimum technology requirements will allow you to access the software, but will not provide the optimal user experience. It is recommended you use a computer with stronger capabilities. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.