In this one-of-a-kind hospitality program, we strive to produce passionate and service-obsessed hospitality professionals. We bring theory into practice through a hands-on approach to learning.
As a graduate, you will enter the workplace with a unique mix of technical and soft skills. Comprehensive knowledge of hospitality and tourism operations is underpinned by effective leadership and management skills.
This diploma program will prepare you to be a hospitality leader and will give you the foundational skills to thrive in roles throughout all sectors of hospitality and tourism – locally to globally.
Already have related work experience? Fast-track options may be available through Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) and/or Advanced Standing. Connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
What's in it for you?
- Accommodation, travel, tourism, and related services supervisor
- Restaurant and food service manager
- Accommodation service manager
- Sales and account manager
In semester 4, you’ll complete a 7-week field placement where you’ll network and further build your skills and experience.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- PC with operating system Windows 10 OR 11(preferred), with 64-bit Intel OR AMD multicore processor, Intel i5 OR AMD equivalent at minimum
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 400
- RAM: 8 GB OR 16 GB (preferred)
- Storage: 16 GB – 32 GB SSD, 100 GB free with 10 GB minimum for software installs
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.