Mechatronics is an emerging field that combines mechanical engineering and electronics, with elements of automation, computer programming, and telecommunications. Working in the College’s state-of-the-art mechatronics lab, you will develop the technical, problem-solving, and data analysis skills to work on a wide variety of industrial applications, from industrial equipment and machinery design to robotics and automation. You will learn how to use computer-aided design to design mechanical components and assemblies in 3D, then take it one-step further to fabricate your design in our machining and fabrication labs. You will work independently and in groups to build the self-directed study and teamwork skills you will need within various workplace settings. You will also have unique opportunities to put your skills into practice by working on applied research projects, and in your final year, hone your skills in a work placement.
What's in it for you?
- Automation Technologist/Specialist
- Electromechanical Design Technologist
- PLC Programmer
- Robotics Programmer
- Control Designer/Technologist
- Custom Machine Design/Integrators
- Graduates from the Technology diploma may be eligible to register as a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T) with the Ontario Association of Certified Technicians and Technologists (OACETT)
Plan your future
Next Session start
Available delivery options
Graduate in 2022*
*Minimum Full time length is 3 years