Mechatronics is an emerging field that combines mechanical engineering and electronics, with elements of automation, computer programming, and telecommunications. Working in the College’s state-of-the-art mechatronics lab, you will develop the technical, problem-solving, and data analysis skills to work on a wide variety of industrial applications, from industrial equipment and machinery design and maintenance to robotics and automation. You will learn how to use computer-aided design to design mechanical components and assemblies in 3D, then take it one-step further to fabricate your design in our machining and fabrication labs. You will also have unique opportunities to put your skills into practice by working on real community and applied research projects.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Automation Technician
- Electromechanical Design Technician
- Robotics Technician
- Robotics Programmer
- Control Designer/Technician
- Custom Machine Design/Integrators
- Graduates from the Technician diploma may be eligible to register as a Certified Technician (C.Tech) with the Ontario Association of Certified Technicians and Technologists (OACETT)
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 10 operating system
- Processor: i5 Intel i5 or equivalent processor
- Graphics: High-end graphics video card (consider a dedicated video card with 1 GB of video memory)
- RAM: 8 GB of RAM
- Storage space: 250 GB HD
Please note, industry-standard software that you will access as part of your program will not be compatible with every device. These minimum technology requirements will allow you to access the software, but will not provide the optimal user experience. It is recommended you use a computer with stronger capabilities. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.