You will have the opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to organize and maintain a safe and stimulating learning environment that ensures the total development of the child.
You will examine how children grow and build a foundation of understanding that children learn through play. This learning approach combined with a culturally-relevant environment will reflect that children are curious, capable, and competent.
Cambrian's program is recognized by the College of Early Childhood Educators, which allows you to apply to become a Registered Early Childhood Educator and be eligible to work in all types of child care settings in Ontario when you graduate.
What's in it for you?
- Early childhood educator in childcare centres, Best Start hubs and kindergarten classrooms
- Licensed Home Child Care Visitor and resource support for children with special needs in agencies
- Private home child care provider
- Infant stimulation worker
Across these career outcomes, salaries in Canada range from:
$21,000 to $35,600
There will be a work placement in an early childhood centre in the first semester. In addition, there will be community placements during the remaining semesters. Graduates are eligible to apply to become Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECE).
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.