If you are seeking a dental hygiene program in Ontario, look no further than Cambrian College. Our program prepares you to be an integral member of oral health care teams in private practices, public health units, long-term care homes, mobile dental practices, and industry.
You'll have tons of opportunities for hands-on practical learning on mannequins, your classmates, and patients from Sudbury in the college's on-campus Dental Clinic. You'll also be involved in health promotion initiatives that will look impressive on your résumé.
Initially, you will learn clinical/laboratory skills on mannequins and will then be assigned practice sessions where you can perform these learned skills on each other. You must be prepared to be a client in these practice sessions. You will then proceed to the treatment of clients from the public at the college's on-site Dental Clinic as well as rotation experiences in community health settings. You must be prepared to cover the costs incurred as part of your placement experiences. Clinics and some classroom experiences may also include an evening schedule.
Grads are eligible to apply to write the National Dental Hygiene Certification Examination (NDHCE) conducted by the National Dental Hygiene Certification Board (NDHCB) to gain registration with the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario (CDHO).Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- General and specialized dental practices
- Public health practices including home care, long-term care, and community clinics
- Sales/marketing professional for dental products and equipment
Across these career outcomes, salaries in Canada range from:
$25,000 to $68,800
- Cambrian's Dental Hygiene program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC).
You will put your skills into practice in our onsite Dental Clinic and during rotation experiences in community health settings.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
You’ll be accessing industry-standard software as part of your program. Your program coordinator and IT will set you up with access on your computer or within our campus labs. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.