Our nationally-accredited Civil Engineering Technology program is focused on the design, construction, maintenance, and rehabilitation of infrastructure facilities including: roads, bridges, buildings, dams, storm/sanitary/water systems, pipelines, and deep and shallow foundations.
You will build upon your skills gained in the Civil Engineering Technician program to enhance your abilities in design, drafting, supervision of projects, interpretation of data, cost estimating, scheduling, water resources management, feasibility studies, surveying, and technical report writing.
You will gain practical, hands-on experience in design and drafting in the College’s Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) laboratories. In addition, you will receive surveying training with electronic distance and angle measuring equipment that will be interfaced with coordinate geometry and drafting software.
What's in it for you?
- Consulting engineering firms
- Municipal engineering firms
- Construction firms
- Inspection and testing companies
- Utilities, government agencies and railways
Across these career outcomes, salaries in Canada range from:
$36,000 to $90,000
- Graduates may seek membership with OACETT (Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists) to become certified as a C.E.T. (Certified Engineering Technologist).
A Civil Engineering Technologist can also pursue a BASc in Civil Engineering at Canadian universities.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Processor: i7 Intel i7 or equivalent processor
- Graphics: High-end graphics video card (consider a dedicated video card with 1 GB of video memory)
- RAM: 8 GB of RAM
- Storage: 500 GB HD
- Software: Microsoft Office Suite (include Excel)
Please note, industry-standard software that you will access as part of your program will not be compatible with every device. These minimum technology requirements will allow you to access the software, but will not provide the optimal user experience. It is recommended you use a computer with stronger capabilities. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.