In Cambrian's Business Administration-Accounting Advanced Diploma Program, you’ll benefit from hands-on training in the latest industry software, a placement opportunity, multiple pathways to degree programs, and credits that can be used towards a professional designation.
The Business Administration – Accounting program blends traditional lectures with interactive student discussions, formal presentations, individual work, data analytics, and practical case studies that model the real business world. The program balances an intense focus on accounting with a broad education in other areas of business and economics by combining courses in financial accounting, managerial skills, finance, cost accounting systems, auditing, computerized accounting, and personal and corporate income taxation. A placement in semester six provides additional hands-on business administration experience and greater knowledge of advanced accounting principles, along with opportunities for networking.
What's in it for you?
- General accountant
- Internal auditor
- Cost accountant
- Treasurer / financial analyst
Graduates of this program can obtain advanced standing into professional accounting programs such as the Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF) or the Certified Aboriginal Financial Manager (CAFM) designation.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Chromebook or higher with Intel Celeron N3060 – N3150 OR
- PC with operating system Windows 10 (preferred), with 64-bit Intel or AMD multicore processor, Intel i5 or AMD equivalent
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 400
- RAM: 4 GB (minimum for Chromebook), 8 GB or 16 GB (for PC with Windows 10)
- Storage: 16 GB – 32 GB SSD (for Chromebook), 100 GB free with 10 GB minimum for software installs
- Screen size: 11.6-inch, HD (1,366 x 768)
- Software: MS Office 2016, including Excel, MS Project (VDI), Sage50 (VDI)
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.