In Cambrian's Business Administration-Accounting Advanced Diploma Program, you’ll benefit from hands-on training in the latest industry software, a placement opportunity, multiple pathways to degree programs, and credits that can be used towards a professional designation.
The Business Administration – Accounting program blends traditional lectures with interactive student discussions, formal presentations, individual work, data analytics, and practical case studies that model the real business world. The program balances an intense focus on accounting with a broad education in other areas of business and economics by combining courses in financial accounting, managerial skills, finance, cost accounting systems, auditing, computerized accounting, and personal and corporate income taxation. A placement in semester six provides additional hands-on business administration experience and greater knowledge of advanced accounting principles, along with opportunities for networking.
What's in it for you?
- General accountant
- Internal auditor
- Cost accountant
- Treasurer / financial analyst
Graduates of this program can obtain advanced standing into professional accounting programs such as the Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF) or the Certified Aboriginal Financial Manager (CAFM) designation.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- PC with operating system Windows 10 OR 11(preferred), with 64-bit Intel OR AMD multicore processor, Intel i5 OR AMD equivalent at minimum
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 400
- RAM: 8 GB OR 16 GB (preferred)
- Storage: 16 GB – 32 GB SSD, 100 GB free with 10 GB minimum for software installs
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.