Enhance your skills and job prospects by earning a post-graduate certificate in the field of learning disabilities. If you're a working educational professional who is passionate about student success, Cambrian College's exclusive online Applied Learning Disability Studies Program gives you the flexibility to earn while you learn and attain a learning disability management certificate that will further enhance and bolster your qualifications as you pursue your professional path.
Disability Studies courses are the development of learning strategies and the use of assistive technology and provide students with a thorough understanding of the impact of learning disabilities and autism on individuals.
What's in it for you?
- Learning Strategist
- Assistive Technologist
- Academic Mentor
- Tutor for students with Learning Disabilities
Graduates of this Disability Studies program will have and enhanced capacity for work in elementary, secondary, and post-secondary academic support services. Graduates from developmental services, child and youth care, and early childhood education fields will increase their ability to support students with learning disabilities in school settings.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.