Learn how to tell dynamic and convincing 2D and 3D animated stories on screen from our talented professors who have had amazing careers in animation working on popular cartoons like Tarzan, 9, and The Tom and Jerry Show.
Our program is based on the curriculum of Sheridan's renowned Animation program at the diploma level. You'll learn how to make animations as well as gain a working knowledge of traditional, 2D, and 3D methods of animation while becoming proficient with the 12 principles.
You'll develop strong and dynamic digital storytelling, drawing, and animation skills that bring your cartoon drawings to life on screen through a series of projects and an eventual final film. When you graduate, you will be able to showcase convincing performances through both traditional and digital methods alongside a final production-ready portfolio.
What's in it for you?
- Character developer/animator
- Background artist/painter
- Digital painter
- Art director
- Storyboard artist
Graduates from Cambrian College may apply to continue their studies at Sheridan College.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer (PC)
- Windows 7 (SP1), 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system (OS 10 preferred)
- Processor: 64-bit Intel or AMD multicore processor, Intel i5 minimum or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB (16 GB preferred)
- External hard drive: SSD 256 GB minimum
- Video card: Most cards manufactured 2018 or newer, must support OpenGL 3.3 or higher
- Storage space: 100 GB free with minimum 10 Gb for software installs
- Monitor: 1280 x 1040 resolution with 32-bit colour minimum
- Mouse: 3-button
- Pen tablet: Wacom
- Software: Autodesk (Maya, Mudbox), Toonboom (Harmony, Storyboard Pro), Adobe (Photoshop, Premiere, Animate, Acrobat), Audacity, Unreal Engine, Quicktime, Google Chrome, WinZIP/7ZIP, FlipBook, xNormals
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.