Do you dream of working in the film, television, or gaming industry? In Cambrian’s Animation program, you can watch your drawings come to life using traditional, 2D digital, and 3D methods of animation.
Our talented professors, who have had amazing careers in animation working on popular productions like Tarzan, 9, and The Tom and Jerry Show, will teach you the principles of animation as you develop your storytelling and drawing skills.
When you graduate, you’ll be able to jumpstart your career as a professional animation artist with a demo reel and portfolio.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Character designer
- Concept artist
- Background artist/painter
- Storyboard artist
- 3D modeler
You will develop a portfolio of work, which may be shared within the local arts community and with industry representatives from the Greater Toronto Area and across Canada.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer (PC)
- Windows 7 (SP1), 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system (OS 10 preferred)
- Processor: 64-bit Intel or AMD multicore processor, Intel i5 minimum or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB (16 GB preferred)
- External hard drive: SSD 256 GB minimum
- Video card: Most cards manufactured 2018 or newer, must support OpenGL 3.3 or higher
- Storage space: 100 GB free with minimum 10 Gb for software installs
- Monitor: 1280 x 1040 resolution with 32-bit colour minimum
- Mouse: 3-button
- Pen tablet: Wacom
- Software: Autodesk (Maya, Mudbox), Toonboom (Harmony, Storyboard Pro), Adobe (Photoshop, Premiere, Animate, Acrobat), Audacity, Unreal Engine, Quicktime, Google Chrome, WinZIP/7ZIP, FlipBook, xNormals
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.