Addictions and Mental Health – Graduate Certificate
Cambrian’s Addictions and Mental Health graduate certificate program prepares you with the skills and knowledge to support and treat individuals dealing with addiction and mental health issues.
Courses in addiction and mental health disorders, treatment and prevention, counselling, and case management will provide you with the tools to deliver effective, personalized frontline care to clients of diverse ages and backgrounds.
This program combines theory and practical learning, with the choice of a placement or capstone project where you’ll apply your skills to real, active cases.
What's in it for you?
- Caseworker or support professional in non-profit organizations, hospitals, addiction treatment centres, group homes, correctional facilities, and other related organizations
As a graduate, you will have completed the required formal education hours for voluntary certification with Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation (CACCF). For details about additional requirements and the process for applying for certification, visit caccf.ca/certifications
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.