Accommodation and Human Rights
Advance your skills and your career in the fields of accommodation, human rights, disability management, return to work, or advocacy.
Through interactive courses, you’ll gain comprehensive and holistic knowledge of human rights law, disability management, health and wellness strategies and best practices, and national and provincial employment legislation.
As a graduate, you can immediately apply your skills in the workplace or continue your academic journey in a variety of fields including social science, law, or human resources.
This program is delivered part-time and fully online.
What's in it for you?
- Accommodation Specialist
- Manager of Employment Programs
- Accommodation Equipment Consultant
- Return to Work Advisor
- Disability Management Advisor
- Health/HR Policy Coordinator
- Client Placement Coordinator
In your final semester, you’ll complete a capstone project to apply your skills to a real-world scenario.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Personal computer
- Chromebook or higher with Intel Celeron N3060 – N3150 OR PC with operating system Windows 10 (preferred), with 64-bit Intel or AMD multicore processor, Intel i5 or AMD equivalent
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 400
- RAM: 4 GB (minimum for Chromebook), 8 GB or 16 GB (for PC with Windows 10)
- Storage: 16 GB – 32 GB SSD (for Chromebook), 100 GB free with 10 GB minimum for software installs
- Screen size: 11.6-inch, HD (1,366 x 768)
- Software: MS Office 2016, including Excel, MS Project (VDI), Sage50 (VDI)
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.