The Professional Accounting Practice graduate certificate program provides you with the required knowledge and skills essential to begin and advance in the field of accounting. You will be well prepared for careers in the field with knowledge of all accounting disciplines including financial accounting, management accounting, audit and assurance, finance, and personal and corporate tax. You will also develop computer technology, management, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
This program is a pathway for students who already hold a bachelor's degree in any discipline other than accounting and who are interested in pursuing the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Financial accounting
- Management accounting
- Financial analysis
Courses are recognized by the Chartered Professional Accountants Association of Ontario, allowing you to apply your graduate certificate towards the requirements to earn your Chartered Professional Accountant designation.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- PC with operating system Windows 10 OR 11(preferred), with 64-bit Intel OR AMD multicore processor, Intel i5 OR AMD equivalent at minimum
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 400
- RAM: 8 GB OR 16 GB (preferred)
- Storage: 16 GB – 32 GB SSD, 100 GB free with 10 GB minimum for software installs
Some software for Apple computers may not have all of the features required to complete course work and therefore are not recommended.
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.