A mechanical engineer’s expertise is essential in almost every industry. They can be found working all over the world – innovating, solving problems, and providing insights into all types of machinery, like how how long a certain machine will work, what limitations the machine has, and so much more.
As a mechanical engineering technician your computer will be your go-to tool, using programs like AutoCad and SoildWorks to create and analyze your designs, run simulations, and test how a machine will operate. In our program, you’ll take your 3D designs one step further by producing them in our on-campus machining lab.
You will also have unique opportunities to put your skills into practice by working on real community and applied research projects in labs that are equipped with state-of-the-art, advanced manufacturing equipment. Manufacturing techniques like 3D printing and CNC machining are processes you’ll explore throughout the program.
Extend your studies after graduation by applying to enter directly into the final year of Cambrian’s Mechanical Engineering Technology (METY) program. You’ll boost your leadership and technical skills and open the door to more career opportunities.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Consulting engineering firms
- Manufacturing companies
- Resource industries
- Mechanical designer
- Sales representative
- Government departments
Graduates can continue into Cambrian’s Mechanical Engineering Technology program.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 10 operating system
- Processor: i5 Intel i5 or equivalent processor
- Graphics: High-end graphics video card (consider a dedicated video card with 1 GB of video memory)
- RAM: 8 GB of RAM
- Storage space: 250 GB HD
Please note, industry-standard software that you will access as part of your program will not be compatible with every device. These minimum technology requirements will allow you to access the software, but will not provide the optimal user experience. It is recommended you use a computer with stronger capabilities. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.