Please note that the January 2022 intake for this program is closed. We invite you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore future start dates or other program options.
Bring your future into focus in Cambrian’s one-year General Arts and Science Indigenous Specialization program – even if you only have grade 12 workplace-level English!
Strengthen your core academic skills, explore careers, customize your certificate, and build your foundation for success while discovering who you are and who you want to be.
Courses will focus on improving your English, math, and writing skills and will expose you to Indigenous language and culture inside and outside of the classroom. Connect to your Indigenous heritage and roots through topics and discussions that will foster your emotional, mental, physical and spiritual well-being.
This program will allow you to earn English and General Education credits that you can use as transfer credits for other postsecondary programs, which will give you a jumpstart on earning an additional postsecondary credential.
What's in it for you?
If you’re still deciding on a career path, this program will give you the opportunity to explore careers and discover your options. You can also bridge into other college programs or to university studies with this Cambrian College program.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.