Prepare for safety and security roles in a variety of industries such as mining, education, casino, energy, retail, medical, residential, and entertainment. As a graduate, you'll have the ability to immediately begin working in the field.
You will learn to communicate effectively with all types of people in both peaceful and conflict situations, as well as how to conduct effective patrols, manage movement of people and vehicles, utilize electronic security equipment, and manage access control. You will also learn to become an experienced note taker and to conduct investigations, collect evidence when appropriate, make arrests when necessary, write informative reports regarding your actions, and provide evidence as expected.
You will be exposed to supervisory expectations, budgeting, health and safety, unions, and media interaction. Managing risk and responding in emergencies will round out your educational experience.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Security guard
- Private investigation
- Various provincial ministries
Students successfully completing the Corporate Safety and Security program may enter directly into the second year of the Protection, Security, and Investigation program.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
You’ll be accessing industry-standard software as part of your program. Your program coordinator and IT will set you up with access on your computer or within our campus labs. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.