Business – Finance
Our ultra flexible Business – Finance diploma program will give you the skills and training required to work in a wide variety of areas within financial services. You will gain foundational business skills in your first year, then build the human skills and specialized knowledge to excel in the field through a focus on industry regulations, financial analysis, credit and debt management, registered retirement plans, government benefit plans, registered education plans, economics, investments, taxation, law, and insurance. This program is the only one of its kind in northern Ontario and will set you up to take on roles within financial service organizations or to be your own boss.
You can also gain advanced standing in Cambrian’s Bachelor of Business Administration or Honours Bachelor of Business Administration programs and earn your degree in two or three additional years, respectively.
This program offers the ultimate flexibility! Study on campus, online (live virtual classes via Zoom or independent study), or a combination of both. Learn moreApply now!
What's in it for you?
- Financial planning
- Wealth management
- General insurance industry
Graduates will be prepared to work in entry to intermediate level jobs in the financial services industry and begin their journey towards becoming a financial planner in Ontario.
Plan your future
Program delivery methods
Learn more about program delivery.
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- PC with operating system Windows 10 OR 11(preferred), with 64-bit Intel OR AMD multicore processor, Intel i5 OR AMD equivalent at minimum
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 400
- RAM: 8 GB OR 16 GB (preferred)
- Storage: 16 GB – 32 GB SSD, 100 GB free with 10 GB minimum for software installs
Some software for Apple computers may not have all of the features required to complete course work and therefore are not recommended.
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.