Take our general accounting stream or specialize in First Nations organizations as you gain the skills and hands-on experience to land entry-level positions within non-profits, corporations, and other for-profit organizations.
Following a first year of common curriculum shared by all accounting and business students, you will be immersed in accounting courses and bookkeeping courses where you’ll learn business accounting principles and practices and have the opportunity to gain real-world experience through a work placement.
This program is delivered through both traditional classroom and online learning and has been designed to accommodate students who want to continue their studies towards a degree or get entry into professional programs such as the Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF) or the Certified Aboriginal Financial Manager (CAFM) designation.
What's in it for you?
- Payroll clerk
- Senior tax bookkeeper
- Accounts payable/receivable clerk or analyst
- Small business accountant
Graduates of this program may take one additional year in the Business Administration - Accounting program to enhance their skills and obtain advanced standing into the ACAF and/or degree programs.
Plan your future
- Flex learning
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Chromebook or higher with Intel Celeron N3060 – N3150 OR
- PC with operating system Windows 10 (preferred), with 64-bit Intel or AMD multicore processor, Intel i5 or AMD equivalent
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 400
- RAM: 4 GB (minimum for Chromebook), 8 GB or 16 GB (for PC with Windows 10)
- Storage: 16 GB – 32 GB SSD (for Chromebook), 100 GB free with 10 GB minimum for software installs
- Screen size: 11.6-inch, HD (1,366 x 768)
- Software: MS Office 2016, including Excel, MS Project (VDI), Sage50 (VDI)
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.