Nervous about starting college or university in the fall? Unsure of what to expect? Not sure you have the necessary skills to be successful?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the above questions, we have the program for you!
Cambrian College’s Summer Tune-Up sessions will prepare you in the areas of English, math, and health sciences, while giving you tips and tricks to succeed in your chosen field of study.
All sessions are FREE and open to anyone attending a postsecondary school in the fall (not just exclusive to Cambrian students).
- Enhance your knowledge and skills in English, math, and/or health sciences
- Learn what to expect when you attend college or university
- Learn and apply valuable study, time management, and organizational skills
- Learn how to research and use college/university library resources
- Prepare for college life
You can choose to take one, two, or all three subject-related sessions throughout the summer.
You will meet new friends, make connections with faculty members, and take away the skills to be successful!
- English - Refresher on essay writing, APA formatting, research skills, utilizing the school library, what makes a great piece of writing.
- Math - Refresher on mathematical operations you will need to succeed in college level math including fractions, integers, order of operations and algebra.
- Health sciences - Biology and Chemistry - Refresher on atoms and the periodic table, chemical bonding, chemical reactions, biological molecules, cells and human anatomy and physiology (organ systems)
You can take the courses from the comfort of your own home! The courses are fully online with daily synchronous (specific times set aside) opportunities to meet with your faculty and other students who are also taking the courses. All courses use Moodle, our Learning Management System, to deliver the material in a fun, engaging way by integrating various elements of technology including Nearpod, H5P and other apps that are embedded into the course.
If you are working – no problem! Complete the tasks and work at your own pace. Faculty will be available to answer questions throughout the two weeks via email or Moodle (our Learning Management System).
To register, please select a session and click the register button.