COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
For the 2021 fall semester, we are requiring full COVID-19 vaccination and proof of full vaccination for students, staff, contractors and visitors accessing campus or living in Student Residence.
You are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after you have received your final dosage of an approved vaccine (usually a 2nd dose).
Only those who are fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption (with a negative COVID-19 rapid test from the previous seven days) will be allowed to access campus.
If you have received your full dosage of an approved vaccine:
- Register your vaccination status either through myCambrian (see details below), or face-to-face when you come to campus through a designated vaccine registration entrance
- You should only upload your vaccination status after you have received your full dosage (usually two doses).
- Utilize the online screening form in myCambrian and our express entry options at designated entrances in order to make your access to campus more efficient.
If you have an approved exemption:
- In myCambrian, upload proof of a negative rapid (antigen) test taken within the previous seven days of your arrival on campus. Go to the Vaccination registration/exemptions/daily screening section on your myCambrian main Welcome page
- You can also provide proof of a negative rapid (antigen) test at one of the designated entrances to campus.
Special note to students or employees currently studying online or working off-site:
Even though you may not be required to come to be on-site at this point, you should prepare now for your eventual return to campus.
It is Cambrian’s intention to increase on-campus academic and work activity as the 2021 fall semester progresses, with a goal of a more traditional campus experience for the 2022 winter semester in January.
Therefore, we encourage you to be fully vaccinated as soon as possible. Full vaccination could take anywhere from 14 to 42 days to complete, depending on which vaccine(s) you receive. Once you have received the full dosage of a vaccine approved by Health Canada, please upload proof of your vaccination status to myCambrian, in the Vaccination Registration section found on the main Welcome page.
If you plan to seek a medical or religious/creed exemption to vaccination, we also encourage you to begin that process as soon as possible. Follow the instructions found in the Vaccination Registration/Exemption section on the myCambrian main Welcome page. If you are receive an exemption, please remember to upload to myCambrian your required negative COVID-19 rapid test results.
As of November 6, 2021, the Government of Ontario is expanding the number of people eligible for a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, provided 6 months have passed from their previous final dosage:
- Individuals aged 70 and over (born in 1951 or earlier)
- Health care workers and designated essential caregivers in congregate settings (including long-term care home and retirement home staff and designated caregivers)
- Individuals who received a complete series of a viral vector vaccine (two doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine or one dose of the Janssen vaccine)
- First Nation, Inuit and Métis adults and their non-Indigenous household members.
Eligible individuals can book their booster dose appointment through the COVID-19 vaccination portal or by calling the Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre, directly through public health units that use their own booking systems, through Indigenous-led vaccination clinics, select pharmacies, and primary care settings. Hospital-based health care workers are encouraged to reach out to their hospital employer to get vaccinated directly through their hospital’s vaccination program.
Click here for more details.