Disability services are provided through The Glenn Crombie Centre for Accessibility and Wellness located at our Barrydowne Campus.
Supporting Every Student
The Glenn Crombie Centre for Accessibility and Wellness is a multi-service complex that promotes accessibility and success for students within the Cambrian community. This state-of-the-art facility is entirely accessible including phones (TTY), personal care rooms, computer lab, testing rooms, and accessible washrooms. With over 12 000 square feet, the Centre boasts a fully equipped PC/Mac computer lab with assistive technology for student use and training.
The following are some of the support services available for students with a documented disability or suspected disability:
- Specialized orientation programs for students with disabilities to get a “head start” on the college experience and support their short- and long-term academic success.
- Personal Care Rooms with wall-mounted lifts and accessible toilet and shower facilities.
- Alternative print material and access to note taking and interpreter services.
- Training and access to a wide variety of assistive technologies (i.e., speech recognition and screen-reading software, digital recorders, technical aids, organizational software FM systems).
- Academic advising and support for testing or classroom accommodations.
- Learning Skills Advisors for assistance with learning strategies.
- Psycho-educational assessments as required provided by the Northern Ontario Assessment and Resource Centre located at Cambrian College above The Glenn Crombie Centre for Accessibility and Wellness.
To book an appointment with a Disability Advisor or for more information, please contact us at 705-566-8101, ext. 7420, or email email@example.com.