Welcome to our smoke-free campus. To promote a healthy lifestyle and environment in which to work and learn, Cambrian College is smoke-free at its main Barrydowne Road campus, and satellite campuses in Valley East, Espanola, and Little Current.
The smoking, vaping, chewing, or ingesting of tobacco or cannabis products is not permitted, anywhere on College property, including Student Residence, inside private vehicles on College property, and inside College vehicles regardless of location.
The only exception will be the burning of tobacco for ceremonial purposes by the Wabnode Centre for Indigenous Student Services.
This applies to students, staff, faculty, visitors, contractors, and people renting College facilities, including after-hours and on weekends.
We have identified areas on the periphery of our property where people can smoke. They will be located at the entrance to the Trades Building (off Barrydowne Road at the crosswalk), and at the entrance to the college from Lamothe Street, across from Lasalle Secondary School. Smoking receptacles will mark the exact location. Please use these areas only, out of respect for our neighbours.
If you are interested in quitting smoking, there are a number of community-based resources to help you. We hope you enjoy our smoke free campus.
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts, https://www.phsd.ca/clinics-classes-events/quit-smoking-clinic
- https://smokershelpline.ca, toll-free number 1-877-513-5333 and website to register for online programs and text-message support
- https://breakitoff.ca, a free mobile app to help young people quit
- https://leavethepackbehind.org, free supports for young people
- http://www.camh.ca, nicotine clinics and treatment programs
- Cancer Care Ontario Aboriginal Tobacco Program, cancercareontario.ca/en/cancer-care-ontario/programs/aboriginal-programs/tobacco