World-renowned business mogul Warren Buffett once said, “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it.” In just eight months, you’ll learn how to communicate effectively, build relationships, and manage internal and external forces in order to maintain and enhance reputations for all types and sizes of organizations.
You will learn the ropes of the public relations industry through classes, labs, and hands-on assignments and gain the range of skills you need to be a great communicator, including:
- Media relations
- Event planning and execution
- Speechwriting and presenting
- Writing for web, social media, print, and broadcast
- Photography and podcast production
- Strategic communications planning
What's in it for you?
- Media relations officer
- Event planner
- Strategic communications planner
- Marketing specialist
- Communications/information officer
Cambrian College is a member of both the Canadian Public Relations Society and the International Association of Business Communicators. Students are encouraged to consider purchasing a student membership in these professional associations.
Plan your future
Program start date
Available delivery options
Graduate in 2022*
*Minimum Full time length is 3 years