Public Relations – Graduate Certificate
World-renowned business mogul Warren Buffett once said, “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it.” In just eight months, you’ll learn how to communicate effectively, build relationships, and manage internal and external forces in order to maintain and enhance reputations for all types and sizes of organizations.
You will learn the ropes of the public relations industry through classes, labs, and hands-on assignments and gain the range of skills you need to be a great communicator, including:
- Media relations
- Event planning and execution
- Speechwriting and presenting
- Writing for web, social media, print, and broadcast
- Photography and podcast production
- Strategic communications planning
This program is delivered as a combination of online or virtual courses, classroom experiences, and practical experiences, giving you the flexibility to learn from the convenience of your home community.
What's in it for you?
- Media relations officer
- Event planner
- Strategic communications planner
- Marketing specialist
- Communications/information officer
Cambrian College is a member of both the Canadian Public Relations Society and the International Association of Business Communicators. Students are encouraged to consider purchasing a student membership in these professional associations.
Plan your future
- Flex learning
- Graduate opportunity
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Chromebook or higher with Intel Celeron N3060 – N3150 OR
- PC with operating system Windows 10 (preferred), with 64-bit Intel or AMD multicore processor, Intel i5 or AMD equivalent
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 400
- RAM: 4 GB (minimum for Chromebook), 8 GB or 16 GB (for PC with Windows 10)
- Storage: 16 GB – 32 GB SSD (for Chromebook), 100 GB free with 10 GB minimum for software installs
- Screen size: 11.6-inch, HD (1,366 x 768)
- Software: MS Office 2016, including Excel, MS Project (VDI), Sage50 (VDI)
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.