Cambrian College is excited to be part of a province-wide initiative to meet an urgent demand for more personal support workers (PSWs). Take our accelerated PSW program in April, May, or June 2021 to be job-ready in just 24 weeks – and your tuition fees and supply costs will be covered! You will also be paid during your placement.
Through a combination of online learning and in-person hands-on learning in our simulation lab, you will learn the skills to assist clients with activities of daily living and contribute to the quality of life of individuals who live in a facility or community setting. You will spend your second semester working in a healthcare setting with experienced PSWs and a faculty member who will help you to put your skills into practice to become a confident, caring, and job-ready PSW.
Please note that the government funding for tuition and supply costs is available for Canadian students only.
Have questions? Connect with our Recruitment Team via the live chat on our website or email@example.com.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Personal support worker in community settings, long-term care facilities and hospital settings.
Across these career outcomes, salaries in Canada range from:
$19,200 to $54,700
- 24 weeks
- No tuition fee and funding provided for expenses such as textbooks and other supplies.
- Paid clinical placement
- Hands-on training in the 1,200-square-foot PSW simulation lab, as well as the nursing lab
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
You’ll be accessing industry-standard software as part of your program. Your program coordinator and IT will set you up with access on your computer or within our campus labs. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.