Personal Support Worker – Accelerated
Cambrian College is excited to be part of a province-wide initiative to meet an urgent demand for more personal support workers (PSWs). Take our accelerated PSW program in July 2022 to be job-ready in just 24 weeks – and your tuition fees and supply costs will be covered! You will also be paid during your placement.
Through a combination of online learning and in-person hands-on learning in our simulation lab, you will learn the skills to assist clients with activities of daily living and contribute to the quality of life of individuals who live in a facility or community setting. You will spend your second semester working in a healthcare setting with experienced PSWs and a faculty member who will help you to put your skills into practice to become a confident, caring, and job-ready PSW.
Please note that the government funding for tuition and supply costs is available for Canadian students only and only applies to the July 2022 program delivery.
Have questions? Connect with our Recruitment Team via the live chat on our website or email@example.com.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions
What's in it for you?
- Personal support worker in community settings, long-term care facilities and hospital settings.
Across these career outcomes, salaries in Canada range from:
$19,200 to $54,700
- 24 weeks
- No tuition fee and funding provided for expenses such as textbooks and other supplies.
- Paid clinical placement
- Hands-on training in the 1,200-square-foot PSW simulation lab, as well as the nursing lab
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.