Cambrian’s experienced faculty will train you to safely and efficiently handle the rigors of this fast-paced and often very intense profession that is also extremely rewarding.
Courses focus on basic patient care, with supporting subjects in high acuity pathologies, biological sciences, humanities and EMS services. Clinical practice, planned concurrently with classes, emphasizes emergency care procedures. You will learn how to prevent or reduce complications in the care of the sick and injured during the pre-hospital phase of patient care. In addition to providing emergency medical care, you will be trained to identify and correct potential health and safety hazards.
You will have a rotation of clinical placement in area hospitals and in-town and out-of-town ambulance services. You must be prepared to cover the cost incurred in clinical and preceptorship in-town and out-of-town. You must be Educationally Certified by a provincial Medical Direction prior to preceptorship. You will be required to cover this cost.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Paramedic with ambulance services in Ontario, other provinces in Canada, or internationally
Across these career outcomes, salaries in Canada range from:
$26,000 to $57,500
- Cambrian's program accreditation status is honoured by Accreditation Canada.
Certified Paramedic by the Ministry of Health, Emergency Health Services Branch, Ontario
Extensive hands-on training in the safe transport of ill and injured patients through simulated drills and a clinical placement at a hospital or with an ambulance service.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
You’ll be accessing industry-standard software as part of your program. Your program coordinator and IT will set you up with access on your computer or within our campus labs. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.