Cambrian’s Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant diploma program prepares you to work under the direction of registered Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists to support clients undergoing physical rehabilitation from an injury, surgery, or chronic health condition.
Lab work, field placements, and theoretical foundations will give you the skills and hands-on experience to help clients follow treatment plans so they can excel in their personal and professional lives.
Space in our Occupational Therapist & Physiotherapist Assistant program is limited
What's in it for you?
- Nursing Homes
- Senior Living Centres
- Rehabilitation Clinics
- Long-term Care Homes
- Seating and Mobility Facilities
- Home Care
Two field placements allow you to apply your skills in clinical and community-based practices.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.