Cambrian’s Music – Performance program provides a combination of intensive classical training and hands-on practical experience will prepare you for the next step in your music career.
You’ll receive a one-hour private lesson each week on your major instrument PLUS a half-hour lesson weekly on a secondary (minor) instrument. Choose from majors and minors in brass, classical guitar, piano, percussion, strings, voice, or woodwinds. Take that training from studio to stage with frequent performance opportunities both as a soloist and in our many ensembles and bands.
To ensure you’re prepared to take on the industry, Music – Performance offers courses like The Business of Music and Pedagogy. The Business of Music course will teach you how to market, promote, and manage yourself and other musicians. In the Pedagogy course, you’ll learn how to teach music and put your skills into practice teaching your own students in third year. This is one of the few college music programs in Ontario that includes courses in music pedagogy.
Worried about music theory? Don’t stress! This program offers music theory that is tailored to YOUR skill level – from beginner to advanced. No entrance exam is required.
What's in it for you?
- Studio musician
- Songwriting and music composition
- Private teacher in studios, music schools, and conservatories
- Touring performer
- Music related positions in publishing, media, advertising, retail, and music agency industries
This Cambrian program is the only classical performance advanced diploma program in the province.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- A quality microphone such as a Blue Yeti USB Microphone – compatible with Mac and Windows
- Personal computer or tablet
- Windows 7 (SP1), 8, 8.1 or 10 operating system OR
- Apple MacBook Pro 13- or 15-inch with at least 256 GB of storage (2015 or newer) or a 2018 MacBook Air OR
- Android or Apple tablet capable of recording
- Wacom bamboo tip stylus (recommended for tablet)
- Storage space: 100 GB free with minimum 10 Gb for software installs
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.