Please note that the September 2022 intake for this program is closed. We invite you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore other program options.
Cambrian’s Music – Performance program provides a combination of intensive classical training and hands-on practical experience that will prepare you for the next step in your music career.
You’ll receive a full-hour private lesson each week on your chosen major instrument. We offer specialized training in brass, classical guitar, piano, percussion, strings, voice, and woodwinds – then take that training from studio to stage with frequent performance opportunities both as a soloist and in our many ensembles and bands.
To ensure you’re prepared to take on the industry, Music–Performance offers courses like The Business of Music, Fundamentals of Music Technology, and Pedagogy. The Business of Music course will teach you how to market, promote, and manage yourself and other musicians. In the Pedagogy course, you’ll learn how to teach music and put your skills into practice teaching your own students in the third year. This is one of the few college music programs in Ontario that includes courses in music pedagogy.
Worried about music theory? Don’t stress! This program offers music theory that is tailored to YOUR skill level – from beginner to advanced. No entrance exam is required.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Studio musician
- Songwriting and music composition
- Private teacher in studios, music schools, and conservatories
- Touring performer
- Music related positions in publishing, media, advertising, retail, and music agency industries
Get hands-on experience teaching music lessons.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- A quality microphone such as a Blue Yeti USB Microphone – compatible with Mac and Windows
- Personal computer or tablet
- Windows 7 (SP1), 8, 8.1 or 10 operating system OR
- Apple MacBook Pro 13- or 15-inch with at least 256 GB of storage (2015 or newer) or a 2018 MacBook Air OR
- Android or Apple tablet capable of recording
- Wacom bamboo tip stylus (recommended for tablet)
- Storage space: 100 GB free with minimum 10 Gb for software installs
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.