With Cambrian's TSSA-endorsed HVAC Technician program, you'll be prepared to write the Gas Technician 2 and Oil Burner Technician 2 certification exams administered by the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA). After gaining a solid understanding of oil-fired and gas systems as well as heating and refrigeration, you'll learn the air conditioning and refrigeration principles that relate to the layout, installation, and service of residential and light commercial heating and cooling applications.
What's in it for you?
- Heating technician in natural gas, propane, and oil burner fields
- Apprentice in the refrigeration or plumbing and heating industry
- Maintenance personnel in commercial, institutional, and industrial areas
- Sales representative
Across these career outcomes, HVAC technician salaries in Canada range from:
$26,000 to $60,000
As an HVAC technician graduate, you'll be prepared to write the Gas Technician 2 and Oil Burner Technician 2 certification exams administered by the Technician Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA).
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 10 operating system
- Processor: i5 Intel i5 or equivalent processor
- Graphics: High-end graphics video card (consider a dedicated video card with 1 GB of video memory)
- RAM: 8 GB of RAM
- Storage space: 500 GB HD
You’ll be accessing industry-standard software as part of your program. Your program coordinator and IT will set you up with access on your computer or within our campus labs. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.