With Cambrian's TSSA-endorsed HVAC Technician program, you'll be prepared to write the Gas Technician 2 and Oil Burner Technician 2 certification exams administered by the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA). After gaining a solid understanding of oil-fired and gas systems as well as heating and refrigeration, you'll learn the air conditioning and refrigeration principles that relate to the layout, installation, and service of residential and light commercial heating and cooling applications.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Heating technician in natural gas, propane, and oil burner fields
- Apprentice in the refrigeration or plumbing and heating industry
- Maintenance personnel in commercial, institutional, and industrial areas
- Sales representative
Across these career outcomes, HVAC technician salaries in Canada range from:
$26,000 to $60,000
As an HVAC technician graduate, you'll be prepared to write the Gas Technician 2 and Oil Burner Technician 2 certification exams administered by the Technician Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA).
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 10 operating system
- Processor: i5 Intel i5 or equivalent processor
- Graphics: High-end graphics video card (consider a dedicated video card with 1 GB of video memory)
- RAM: 8 GB of RAM
- Storage space: 500 GB HD
You’ll be accessing industry-standard software as part of your program. Your program coordinator and IT will set you up with access on your computer or within our campus labs. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.