Are you unsure of your career goals? Are you struggling to figure out which college or university program is best for you and extra time to prepare for your program of choice?
No other program at Cambrian is as flexible and customizable as our General Arts and Science Diploma program. Starting with a flexible core curriculum, you’ll work with our educational planners to choose a mix of courses to create a personalized four-semester (two-year) diploma program that will allow you to explore your academic and career options while earning college credits. You can also focus your studies in a particular area to prepare for other college or university programs.
Throughout the program, you’ll learn from a variety of professors and have opportunities to explore courses and potential career paths in the areas of law and justice, community services, humanities, the arts, business, technology, skilled trades, engineering, and much more.
What's in it for you?
Create a customized timetable and explore various programs and career paths. You’ll receive support from Cambrian staff to develop an individualized educational plan to meet your needs and interests.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.