Bring your passion for fitness, health, and wellness to individuals of all ages and backgrounds through our two-year Fitness and Health Promotion program.
This program will prepare you for a career in the health and fitness industry through a hands-on approach to learning and will set you up to gain additional certifications in the field, such as your Canadian Society of Exercise Physiologists Certified Personal Trainer (CSEP-CPT) designation and fitness certifications with the Ontario Fitness Council, Sport for Life, High Five, and the Coaching Association of Canada.
Courses will focus on health promotion, individual and group exercise programming, nutrition, fitness assessment, and recreation management. The program is also structured to give you interprofessional opportunities to interact with Cambrian’s Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy Assistant students, as well as Massage Therapy students.
This program is the only Fitness and Health Promotion program in Ontario with an outdoor recreation course. Enjoy being active outdoors while exploring what northern Ontario has to offer through camping trips and more!
In your final semester, you’ll apply your skills and knowledge in an actual work environment, giving you industry training that you can showcase to potential employers when you graduate.
What's in it for you?
- Athlete development coach
- Group exercise instructor
- Health and fitness assessor
- Health coach
- Personal trainer
- Program director or manager
- Recreation or fitness programmer
- Sport or fitness retail sales consultant
- There are a range of career options in private, public, and corporate health centres. Health and fitness professionals can be found working in municipal and community-based organizations, long-term care centres, resorts/hotels, parks, camps, and more!
This program will allow you to take courses in-class, online, or a combination of both!
Plan your future
- Flex learning