Environmental Monitoring and Impact Assessment – Graduate Certificate
You will gain the skills and knowledge to practice environmental monitoring and biodiversity conservation, along with the ability to promote ecosystem sustainability on the watershed, atmospheric, and landscape scales.
Course content is shaped by social needs, industry expectations, and regulatory requirements. You will learn about environmental impact assessment methods, remediation technologies, and environmental laws and regulations, including their application across industries and organizations involved in various areas of the environmental sector.
Our graduates can be found working at top environmental and engineering consulting firms such as Golder and Associates and corporations such as Chrysler, as well as in smaller firms and in their own businesses.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Junior Environmental Scientist
- Environmental Technician
Across these career outcomes, salaries in Canada range from:
$30,000 to $46,000
Students have the opportunity to apply to be part of paid applied research teams to work on new product development alongside industry representatives and Cambrian faculty.
Plan your future
- Co-op education
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 10 operating system
- Processor: i5 Intel i5 or equivalent processor
- Graphics: High-end graphics video card (consider a dedicated video card with 1 GB of video memory)
- RAM: 4 GB of RAM
- Storage space: 250 GB HD
Please note, industry-standard software that you will access as part of your program will not be compatible with every device. These minimum technology requirements will allow you to access the software, but will not provide the optimal user experience. It is recommended you use a computer with stronger capabilities. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.