Our electrical engineering program prepares you to become an electrician technician in Ontario and beyond.
Our program is designed to meet the needs of various industries that rely on electrical technologists to support day-to-day operations and project work. Courses include an in-depth study of power electronics, electrical control systems, and instrumentation on actual equipment used by industry that will give you the ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot today's modern electrical systems.
Optional Paid Co-op
Our program features an optional paid co-op directly related to your program of study. During this work-integrated learning experience, you’ll apply your skills and knowledge in an actual work environment, giving you industry training that you can showcase to potential employers when you graduate.
You will be required to complete work preparation sessions prior to the work term to help you develop an industry-specific résumé and effective interviewing skills. Cambrian’s Career Centre will support you through this process and will also help you to source and apply for placement opportunities.
International students: Study permits prohibit international students from participating in optional co-ops. However, if you are an international student and are interested in work-integrated learning opportunities, visit Cambrian’s Career Centre to discuss available options with a co-op advisor. Opportunities may include volunteer positions or part-time or full-time jobs during academic breaks and/or during the academic year.
What's in it for you?
- Apprentice with contractors
- Apprentice with maintenance departments
- Apprentice with factories or plants
- Apprentice with mining operations
- Apprentice with utility companies
Across these career outcomes, salaries in Canada range from:
$27,000 to $131,000
Completing this technology-level program will help position you for faster career advancement opportunities.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 10 operating system
- Processor: i5 Intel i5 or equivalent processor
- Graphics: High-end graphics video card (consider a dedicated video card with 1 GB of video memory)
- RAM: 8 GB of RAM
- Storage space: 250 GB HD
Please note, industry-standard software that you will access as part of your program will not be compatible with every device. These minimum technology requirements will allow you to access the software, but will not provide the optimal user experience. It is recommended you use a computer with stronger capabilities. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.