Please note that this program is not currently offered. We invite you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore future start dates or other program options.
Cambrian's accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography – Ultrasound program will prepare you for entry-level roles in hospitals, medical clinics, and the private industry. You'll enjoy wide-ranging job opportunities, a higher than average salary, and a career where you'll be making a difference in the lives of patients.
You will learn to safely use scanning equipment and imaging techniques to produce images of a body part or system, skills that can be required throughout the different departments of a clinical facility including the trauma unit, operating room, and intensive care area, as well as the diagnostic imaging department.
To graduate from this program, you must demonstrate scanning abilities at a level of competency defined by Sonography Canada and within the timelines set out in the curriculum. Also, you will be expected to rotate to one or more sites during your placement component.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Ultrasound Technologist in hospitals, medical clinics, and private industry
Across these career outcomes, salaries in Canada range from:
$46,900 to $80,000
- Cambrian's program accreditation status is honoured by Accreditation Canada.
This specialized program is only one of four in the province. Graduates are eligible to write the Canadian Association of Registered Ultrasound Professionals certification exam.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
You’ll be accessing industry-standard software as part of your program. Your program coordinator and IT will set you up with access on your computer or within our campus labs. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.