Please note that this program is not currently offered. We invite you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore future start dates or other program options.
Get the skills to launch a career as a Dental Assistant in just one year. In Cambrian's program, you won't just be learning, you'll be doing – and lots of it! You'll start by practicing your skills on mannequins and your classmates in the College's dental clinic. Once you've gained some practical experience, you'll treat real patients in the clinic before completing a placement in a dental office.
This combination of theory and practice will give you the required knowledge and practical experience through a multi-disciplinary approach working with dental hygienists, dentists, and other health care professionals in the clinical environment and in community placements. Clinics and some classroom experiences may include evening scheduling.
Students must complete the in-office practicum as outlined in the program's third semester. Students must be prepared to cover the costs incurred in their four-week clinical placement whether in town or out of town.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Private dental offices and clinics
- Hospitals, educational institutions and public health units
- Intra-oral Dental Assistant with the Ontario Dental Assistants Association
Walk for a Smile – Each year, Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene students raise money and collect dental health products to help support free access to oral health services.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
You’ll be accessing industry-standard software as part of your program. Your program coordinator and IT will set you up with access on your computer or within our campus labs. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.