Fight crime with data. Use your interest and aptitude in data and statistical analysis to help protect your community. You’ll learn to examine patterns of criminal behaviour to predict activity, identify threats in your community, and help to allocate your organization’s resources most effectively.
This field continues to evolve as technological advancements and the generation of digital information plays an increasingly influential role in detecting and preventing crime. Data from emails, videos, chat files, and text messages are just some of the mass amounts of data that can be used to gain valuable information.
You have the flexibility to study in-class or online so you can continue to work and earn while you learn.
What's in it for you?
- Crime analyst for:
- Federal intelligence units
- Anti-fraud departments within banks and insurance companies
- Local, provincial, and federal police services
A hands-on capstone research project in Semester 3 will let you apply what you’ve learned in the program and further develop your data problem-solving skills.
Plan your future
- Flex learning
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 10 Educational or Professional (will be provided)
- Processor: 64-bit current generation Intel i5 (i7 preferred) or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB (16 GB preferred)
- Storage space: 100 GB free with minimum 10GB available for software installs
- Software: Excel (including PowerPoint and PowerQuery), Power BI Desktop, Word/Office, Python 3.8/Geany
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.