Cambrian’s one-of-a-kind Computer Programming – Internet of Things program puts you on the path to a career in developing smart technology. By building your skills in various programming languages, networking, statistics, and mobile app development, you will learn to design smart devices that connect to homes, workplaces, and beyond.
In this emerging field, you have the opportunity to make your innovative ideas for connecting digital and physical spaces and experiences a reality.
What's in it for you?
- Computer programmer
- Application developer
This unique program blends mechatronics, data analytics, and networking – the tools to help you create the next big thing in smart technology.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Operating system: Windows 10 Education or Professional (will be provided)
- Processor: 64-bit current generation Intel i5 or i7 (preferred) or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB (16 GB preferred)
- Storage: 100 GB free with min 10 GB for software installs
- Open Source software (as required), Microsoft Software (distributed through AzureForEducation), MS Office, MS Project
- Various Arduinos and Raspberry Pi with various sensors and motors will be required for some courses
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.