Cambrian’s one-of-a-kind Computer Programming – Internet of Things program puts you on the path to a career in developing smart technology. By building your skills in various programming languages, networking, statistics, and mobile app development, you will learn to design smart devices that connect to homes, workplaces, and beyond.
In this emerging field, you have the opportunity to make your innovative ideas for connecting digital and physical spaces and experiences a reality.
What's in it for you?
- Computer programmer
- Application developer
This unique program blends mechatronics, data analytics, and networking – the tools to help you create the next big thing in smart technology.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Operating system: Windows 10 Education or Professional (will be provided)
- Processor: 64-bit current generation Intel i5 or i7 (preferred) or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB (16 GB preferred)
- Storage: 100 GB free with min 10 GB for software installs
- Open Source software (as required), Microsoft Software (distributed through AzureForEducation), MS Office, MS Project
- Various Arduinos and Raspberry Pi with various sensors and motors will be required for some courses
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.